Wednesday, January 7, 2015

How 2014 went for me

Almost a week into 2015, and now I decided to recap what happened lol. I'm just having a streak of writing mojo and thought why not capitalize on that.

So how did 2014 went? It was an important year. I don't say that liberally. Many years have gone by when I just thought went by like the wind. Swoosh... gone. But I am aware of every single occurrence of 2014. Mainly because 2014 is momentous for my education career. It does not even compare to SPM which until recently I thought would be the most important achievement for myself to date.

In January, I applied for a multitude of schools in the US. In February, I worked my behind off to get a CGPA of over 3.5 in INTEC. From Mid-Feb till March, I found out I got accepted into all of the schools I applied to. If I may say so myself, I only applied to safety schools lol. My main criterion for schools to apply to is not having more than 1 entrance essay. So 3 of the schools I applied to do not need essay at all. And 1 school needed 1 essay lol. Am I regretting the fact that I did not challenge myself and see if I could get into Ivy or UCLA or NYU? Idk lol. Honestly, sometimes I feel like I could do better but other times, I just feel so perfectly content here in Drake that I feel sorry for people who care too much about rankings and stuff like that.

Drake is such a serene, stress-free place to be. Up till now, at least. Everything is cheaper here. And it's beautiful.

In April, nothing major happened but working my behind off for INTEC and it's crazy high CGPA demands. Assignments piled up. I was so exhausted. I remember it being the most exhausted I ever was. I argued with my boyfriend consistently because I wanted him to keep up a high CGPA too since we were to go off together.

In May, it was finals. I did the best I could and I moved on.

In June, we got our results back. I got a 3.81 GPA. A high improvement since my Fall 2013: 3.46. It basically meant I did not get any Bs for any of my subjects that semester. Honestly, I felt grateful that the long exhaustive nights was not for naught. But I guess, it really meant little to anyone (expect to my parents). Did not spend too long revering in what seemed like a moot achievement because well, it did not seem like much.

In July, it was puasa and I got busy with my visa and preparation to fly off.

In August, I flew on a 33 hours journey with 8 hours transit in Beijing. It was not easy saying goodbye to my cat, of course. I managed without shedding any tears lol. Arrived in Des Moines, not really knowing what to expect.

In September, I started classes and realised that INTEC was just ripping everyone off at college is not that difficult if you do your work.

In October, I turned 19. My celebration consisted of a few Happy Birthday wishes from my mum, dad and sister on Whatsapp lol. I got a Kate Spade watch from my handsome and thoughtful boyfriend and that was that.

In November, Thanskgiving happened and I travelled to the Darlings and received a much needed epiphany. It was such a great trip. But in total I spent over 500 dollars to shop. Which is really not my proudest moment. I got an iPhone 6. Yep, November was not a great month for my bank account.

I had Finals in December. And got my results back.

I guess it was good enough. I went travelling to the East Coast and realised my life-long dream of watching les mis on Broadway, it was such a great night I still can't believe it. I flew back here to Iowa on 1/1/2014 lol. How apt.

2014 was a splendid year. I am void of any real human emotions but I do feel like 2014 was a turning point for me. I don't know.

I wrote 2 blog posts in the span of 2 hours. Lol what happened to me.

Anyway, yeah I published my results here. I don't know if the disclaimer that I'm not trying to brag is needed. Honestly, I don't really care if people think I'm bragging. This blog is read by like 2 people lol. And the people who read this would know that I'm not bragging but yeah. I'm just kind sick of the vague thing that people do on blogs. I'm telling ya straight up because well, I feel like it.

Byee

No comments:

Post a Comment