Saturday, May 7, 2016

I feel my legs heavy
My shoulders drooping
And I took the slowest steps ever 
And I remember how you told me to be vulnerable
To open myself up to love
And then you went away.
With her.

I remember that warm afternoon as I was shouting at you
The grass was green and it was 27 degrees
Maybe because I felt myself being reduced into sheer nothingness
Stripped away from my dignity and the love I am so ready to give,
I told you to choose.

I was scared before.
I was terrified you would say you're choosing her.

And you told me you don't know.
But how can you not know?
I was beside you when you were struggling, puking your guts out
I was there to help you through your visa application
And your college essays
I was there to see you through because I love you.

I could finally see how I have wasted 6 years of my life
Waiting.
Struggling.
Loving.
And now I'm reduced to nothing.
Checking my blank screen every 3 minutes
Hoping.
Hoping for something I shouldn't be hoping for.

No comments:

Post a Comment