Monday, June 11, 2012

Delusions

It's dangerous to diverge from reality.

Happiness is one of the soft diversions from reality I depend on. But happiness isn't really meant to last. It's always so temporary.
Happiness (to me, of course) is the high or the rush you feel from experiencing good things in your life.

I guess you can be content for a long period of time but never always happy.
Remember how I said we can never be affected by other people? Nothing they ever do is for the benefit of you. It's always because they have something to gain that they're nice to you.

By 'something to gain' I don't mean only superficial things like money and stuff.
A simple scenario - two people fall in love with each other. They cite things like 'I would die for you' and they spend so much money on each other; on phone bills especially.
And the girl will somehow think that this guy is doing all of these for her. He's willing to sacrifice his time and money for her. He's willing to die for her even and vice versa of course (but I'm using the girl as an example).

Is it not sacrifice though if he's doing that for his own benefit. He's willing to spend that time and money because he likes her, he feels happy talking to her. It's not directly to make her feel happy. It's in his act to be happy himself that he's indirectly making the girl happy as well. And then at some point when the sparks die down, what do you think will happen?
He'd leave.
If he stays when she doesn't make him happy anymore, the whole relationship will turn into a lie.

Do you get my drift?

It's never because of someone else that people do what they do. It's always because they gain something from it that they're nice to us.

I assumed all of this, I admit. Some people may not agree because they don't encounter the same things.
Or maybe I'm turning into a cynical person.
Although, if it makes me happy, why not right?

No comments:

Post a Comment