Thursday, January 19, 2012

I'm not sorry I met you

Hey, look at me, I'm not damaged.
I'm not scared. I'm not emotionally distant.
I still believe in fairy tales.

I'm still the sappy old person who cares too much.
Only, I now realize that it's not a disadvantage.

I like hoping that everyone in this world isn't a jerk. I like wondering what it's like when time comes that a guy can lift my feet off the ground - literally and figuratively. I like being so touched and marveled by everything in life.
I like feeling hope.

It's a great, wonderful thing.
And I'm so proud of the fact that I didn't let one measly bad chapter in my life change me. It didn't define me. It was just a mistake.

And it was good while it lasted. It was wonderful that I got to cross path with someone that had made me feel so special once.
It hurts when it ended, of course. I guess some part of me do wish that I could have it back again. But my feeling, however significant it is to me, in the end is only significant to me. I can't make people feel things that they do not feel for me. So I let go. Surely someone who doesn't care about you shouldn't hold any place in your heart.

I'll just keep on hoping that one day, my feeling would also be significant to someone else. I hope that I would be important in someone's life. I hope that I will find my intended.
Because I still believe in a prince charming.
I do.

I believe in that little dance my heart does. I believe in that big future together. I believe in being happy with someone who wants to be happy with me.

I cry during romantic movies.
I love inspirational quotes.
I still cry a lot.
I'm the same person before I met you. And I am so proud of that.

I'm not sorry I met you, I'm not sorry it's over, I'm not sorry there's nothing to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment