Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Just close your eyes

I wonder what it's like to be a good writer. To naturally have endless flowing ideas fighting their way out of you. To have strong perseverance that could prevent you from giving up when you have a slight lack of idea.
To know what you want to write about and being able to stick to that story until the very end.

I imagine it to be magical really. To be able to word your escapism from reality in such delicate ways that it almost feels real. To know some much words from a language that you could express yourself so thoroughly.

I would love to know what it's like to be a good writer.
I don't plan for things. I go with the flow until time comes when I can't anymore. And I guess to have a good plot, you need to be able to see how the plot will unfold in front of you.

I just don't have that ability I guess. 
Sigh.

So house election went better than expected dun dun dun. Some parts of me do wish that someone would shout my name when it was time for president nominations. Guess what though? Someone did. 
I didn't get the post, of course. 

But hay, some juniors, younger than me strangers found me endearing enough to nominate me as their president. That's got to worth for something right?
It gave me hope that I'm not that socially awkward as I initially thought I am. I mean, I think I carry myself quite well in public. How else can these strangers have faith in me that I could lead them, albeit it being just a Sport House of course?

A little part of me stopped looking down upon myself so much. Maybe it's arrogance, or maybe it's just a tad bit of confidence. But that was the sweetest thing any strangers has ever done for me :')
I didn't get the post, it's a tough competition. There were so many other worthier candidates than I. But I am part of the B.O.D. :)

Literature class started again today! It's been a long couple of months without it. Puan Sibyl left us :c But Puan Chris is a worthy replacement, no doubt about that. But I will always miss Puan Sibyl of course. She was the reason Literature is my only favourite subject in school. Zzz. But that was a great Literature class nonetheless. Am super excited about the prospect of Holes, the play our class will be putting up. 
Super duper excited.

I have no idea why I'm so sanguine lately. Writing about my day practically everyday. ~__~ I guess I'm just in a very good mood. 
I hope I'll be in a good mood for the rest of the year.
Lolz.

2 comments:

  1. Elsa dear - i love you mentioned me. Let me be the reason you started a love for Lit but never ever give it up. You are so suited for it and never let anyone tell you otherwise.
    You have a knack for seeing the not-so-obvious and reading between the lines. Now develop the skill to verbalise all that you think and feel and you will achieve your full potential. I miss teaching you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh teacher :c ahdkjadh you read my blog :') Lit at first was only a subject I decided to try out. But it turned out to be the only subject I like in school. It made me look forward to every Tuesday with you. Idk why I'm being so sentimental haha but I can't really stress enough how much I miss you.

    And thank you teacher; for everything really. You've taught me so much more than just Literature.

    ReplyDelete