Monday, December 26, 2011

Release your inner visions

I was so.. young a year ago.

Nothing in life is permanent. That much, is proven. The only constant thing in life is change.
And I guess a lot of things have changed since a year ago.

I don't think growing up did anything for me in particular (except maybe enhancing my bra size). But guess what?
I'm not awkward anymore. I can hold a conversation with a stranger and despite blushing like mad, I can engage their attention for a certain period of time.

I'm not that naive around strange guys anymore. I no longer hand out my phone number randomly.
Yeah I used to do that. Low self esteem maybe. Didn't think any guy would ever find me attractive enough to approach me for my digits. In the rare cases that random guys do approach me, I'd disregard them as being friendly. And just give them my phone number. Because well, no one likes a stuck up girl who thinks she's ~all that~
But now, well, I guess there is a reason why guys would ask me for my phone number and that reason, is not to be friendly at all. In some alternate universe, I am actually considered worthy of requesting phone numbers from. What a revelation huh.

One thing I do notice though, guys who are shameless enough to approach you in malls randomly for your phone number, aren't exactly the type of guys you would want to have your phone number. It's always like that, everytime.

I also learn that it's impossible to please everyone at all times. I learned that I would still try to please everyone in spite of knowing I will never be able to do so.

I learn that just because we're nice to people or we'd do anything for their happiness. Just because we think that they've given us enough reason to trust them with all of our hearts. Doesn't mean that they won't do a complete 180 and stab you in the back with a dirty icicle.

I learn that the only person you can trust is yourself.
I learn that I'm not as ugly as I thought I am. I learnt that some people (my mum, especially) find my shortness rather endearing. I learn that I'm not harmful to anyone in any way. I learn that turning 17 is a pretty big deal compared to turning 16 or 15.

I learn a lot of things by the end of 2011.
Though I could probably live without these lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment